Tuesday, October 4, 2011

moving!

Well..the good news came today!! We are approved for our new apartment. Even though it's only been a few weeks, it felt like the search went on forever. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent on Craigslist searching for anything and everything! Last Friday before heading to San Diego, we drove to the fireplace apartment in hopes to sign the lease. We met with the nice apartment show-er lady who was able to show us to the actual apartment that we would move into. We hated it. Paul and I quietly toured it not saying anything to one another, hoping that the other would say something. After the tour we went back to the office (still saying nothing) to talk more about the leasing options. They wouldn't be able to hold it for us for 30 days which is what our current home requires as far as notice. Yes! I thought, I'm sure Paul was thinking the same..we still had said nothing to each other. We may need to work on a little something called communication ;-)

We left the office, got in the car and it all came out.

The oven was ugly, the floor creaked, the view from the bedroom was lame, it was too close to the road, it doesn't have a walk in closet.. seriously, it all came out. We had been talking ourselves into liking the place..just like we had done with the place before, and the place before that. I did LOVE the fireplace though, I'll give it that. Frustrated, we headed back to our place to pack up for San Diego and Paul hopped on the computer for a last minute search and found a place! Keeping our expectations low, we decided to give it a shot.

2 minutes into checking the place out Paul and I turned to each other and whispered, "I love it!" You could say we had a moment..but really. It was everything we had been searching for. I'm not even feeling sad about leaving our old place because I'm so excited for this new home of ours :-) or..it could be our neighbors recent Taylor Swift Karaoke nights. In just 3 weeks we will be making the move! Then it's time for a paint party! Come join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment