Friday, November 7, 2014

Where's the sale?!

I'm a bargain shopper to the core. It's not that I feel like I have to get a deal or not like nice things, I do. I just can't seem to bring myself to spend bucket loads of money on clothes or pay full price for something that will go on sale 3 weeks later. I worked in retail for 3 years and saw first hand how quickly clothes cycle through a store! It's crazy. And I honestly take a lot of pride in shopping smarter, I know Paul appreciates it too. He never has to worry about me going overboard because each time I come home from a shopping trip it's... "So guess what?! Madewell was having an extra 30% off sale items!" And then I boast about how many times the shirt I purchased was marked down. "This t-shirt was originally $50, then $35, and with the additional 30% off it came to just $20." He's the complete opposite of me and luckily he only shops twice a year, which is great or else our bank account would be done for, haha. Any of the higher prices items in my closet are were most likely a birthday or Christmas gift from Paul. 95% of the time when I buy a new item of clothing it's on sale. I kind of have an inner rule for myself that my entire outfit shouldn't cost more than $100 (shoes included!). Most of the time I can do it or get really close!
Boots // Target - $10 on clearance
Leggings // TJ-Maxx - $8
Chambray // Nordstrom Rack - $30
Shirt // Nordstrom Rack - $20
Headband // World Market - $10
TOTAL - $78
Boots // TJ-Maxx - $60 (kind of a lot for me)
Jeans // J Crew - $50 on clearance
Top // Nordstrom Rack - $17
TOTAL - $127 
Sandals // TJ-Maxx - $40
Jeans // American Eagle - $30
Short // TJ-Maxx - $16
Hat // GAP - $20
TOTAL - $106

4 comments: