Monday, June 23, 2014

Woah. Time flies.

Dude, what happened? The last time I blogged was over a month ago. I'm so horrible! Okay, so let's go back to where I left off. We got a new place!!! Yeah! We got the keys on May 10th and made the big over over 2 weeks later. Man does moving suck. Especially when your apartment is on the third story. Luckily we had a few friends who graciously helped us so it made the process a little less painful!

We've been here for almost a month now and we are shocked at how it is taking us for this place a really feel like home. For a couple weeks we really missed our old apartment! But decorating this new home and making it our own has helped. Just a couple nights ago Paul referred to this place as "home." I think I'm still working on it. We now have a yard to maintain and take care of which is actually really awesome! It gets us out of the house more and it's become a fun new activity to do together :) We've also started running together! I love running (just signed up for my 2nd 1/2 marathon) and always ask Paul to come on runs with me. "This body wasn't made to run," is his usual response, but last week he became committed to losing a couple pounds for our friend's wedding next month. I think he has to make sure his tailored J.Crew suit (his 2nd love in life, or 1st, not quite sure) still fits perfectly! Whatever his motivation is…I'm really enjoying my new running buddy. We live in a fun neighborhood near a nature preserve so we are finding different loops all the time.

I have so much more to share but I don't want to create an overwhelming mega post so I'll be back soon! For now, here's a peak of my favorite room so far! Our dinning room.
Rug // Ikea, Table // Ikea, Chairs // Amazon, Barstools // Overstock, Curtains // TJ-Maxx
I think a succulent terrarium on that table would really complete the space!!

2 comments: