Aimee had told me about this opportunity and I was excited for them. I knew they would kill it, their work is amazing. Well, a couple weeks later Aimee called me again and said they were looking for a model for the cover and wanted to know if I would do it. "Well, I'm no model, are you sure?" She encouraged me to do it and we took a trip out to Palm Springs for the day to shoot it. Guys, modeling (and I use that term lightly, still no model here) is no joke! There were so many things to think about.
- Don't let your dress fly up
- Keep your hair from look like a hot mess
- Hold the plant like this
- Make sure your fingers look relaxing while holding the plant
- Tip your chin down
- Hold your hat on
- Rest the watering can like this
- Stay up on your toes slightly (a trick for my shorty legs)
It was a really fun experience, would totally do it again! Here's a behind the scenes photo…
And here's the cover!
Issue 2 was just released a couple days ago. Head on over to their site to order a print or digital copy!