Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Facebook cleanse is over + Paul's birthday!

On March 3rd I announced that I was taking a break from Facebook. I called it my Facebook cleanse. Honestly, I needed time away from Facebook it was becoming out of control. I was checking it multiple times per day and spent countless hours scrolling through that dang news feed. pointless. So I spent nearly a month away from it. I'll admit, I did spend time wishing happy birthdays to good friends and posting our most recent work to share with friends and family but that was it. and I honestly loved it that way. So when I announce that the Facebook cleanse is over, that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going back to the way it was before...The Facebook cleanse is over because I no longer am as dependent as I was before and it has been great :) I'm cleansed!!

In my original Facebook cleanse post I said, "I have decided to take a Facebook cleanse for awhile to cleanse myself from the junk and drama of Facebook" Paul and I had a pretty interesting discussion about this, He said something very true, "Facebook is only drama if you make it drama, if you go looking for drama on people's pages who you know are drama you are going to find drama." He was SO RIGHT! I was totally at fault for doing that! So that is something that I now know (well i actually knew that, but I needed someone to call me out on it) and won't be doing. If I don't like someone's drama I'm going to hide them on Facebook, something that I tend to do from time to time anyways. Easy as that. 

On another note! We celebrated Paul's 23rd birthday today :) The fam (mine and Paul's) came up to visit. We headed over to fashion Island, grabbed some lunch and then went back to our pad to visit with one another. It was a great day. Here are some pics of the fam as promised!

Mama Gilster and Paul



brothers :)





what's a family day without jumping shots, am I right?






We put the "active" in "attractive"



Me and Dennis!



Sistas!

No comments:

Post a Comment