Thursday, March 3, 2011

"God thing"

I've had these moments so many times..

Ex: I loose my wallet, find it unexpectedly.."wow, that was a God thing"

Ex: I look up from texting while driving (i know i'm bad but I can't help it!) just before rear-ending someone, "another God thing"

Ex: We get a wedding inquiry for Chicago, the next day flights go on sale for $99 each way and the couple books us, "total God thing"

Ok, you probably get it. But I've had so many moments lately where I've noticed that, "Wow, God's hand was really in that situation." I had a big eye opening God moment this week. It's kind of a long story so I'll try and keep it short 'n sweet. boom.

I was at my internship last week when Jessie, one of the rad 31 bits girls asked me if I was looking for another babysitting job, She had been working with a family for a long time and was beginning to cut back on her hours, I replied, "No, I just don't have anymore time now because of my current job that i'm working at from 2-5pm mon-thurs. I'm sorry" Didn't really think anything of it, I had a job, things were fine. The very next week I received the news that the family I was working for has decided to enroll their child in the YMCA after school. No biggie. But, I was kind of anxious not knowing how quickly I would find another job. That night I decided to check out Care.com a nanny website where families post ads if they are looking for childcare..I was just browsing, nothing serious. I clicked on a family who had a cute picture and applied for the job thinking it was unavailable because the mom has posted it nearly 6 weeks ago. She emailed me back wanting to interview me. Turns out it is the SAME family Jessie asked me about just the week before. Can I get an Amen?! God totally knew what was going to happen the next week, and He knew exactly where He was going to lead me. If you guys have had any "God thing" moments, I'd love to hear about them :)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy how God works. Those nanny websites are usually a nightmare!! Just goes to show that if you depend on Him and Him only, He can take ANY nightmare and turn it into a blessing :) Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete