Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Proverbs 3:5

This week has been nothing short of a trial for myself and Paul, there have been so many things that have happened in our personal lives, school lives, and business lives that has caused us to take a step back and think, "Ok God, where you at?" I feel like many of us tend to ask that questions, primarily when things don't tend to be going the way that we planned it (keyword We). We're all humans common, we love to think that we have control over every bit of detail in our day/month/year. When in reality what we really should be doing is not asking "God where are you?" but "Ok, Lord where are you taking me?" I've found in my own life that in those "God where are you?" moments He quickly makes it known to me that He is here, even though it might not be through the most obvious signs.

Just a couple weeks ago while Paul and I were looking over our finances to come in the next few months we became quickly (or maybe it was just me) overwhelmed with the ever growing list of payments and upcoming expenses with car insurance, 618 investments, and tuition+book (oooo tuition..). In the midst of all of this (and feeling panicked to be honest) I spent some time in prayer just asking the Lord encourage me to trust in him. A well-known verse Proverbs 3:5 states, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." I have probably read/heard that verse over 50 times and each time it still encourages me. Anyways :) that's all for today, but I hope that this also encourages you whether you are facing a "God where are you?" moment or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment