Tuesday, March 11, 2014

1 week down, 3 to go!

Well, I'm excited to say that I'm nearly 10 days into the whole 30 challenge! The first 4/5 days were so hard. My body was going thru withdrawals, I felt tired and had a constant headache. I also could not stop thinking about all the foods and meals that I could not enjoy. After those first challenges days my outlook completely changed, I was feeling great and instead of missing the foods I couldn't have I began to get creative and look forward to making new recipes with my approved foods! I made cauliflower rice the other day...and it was GOOD! Who am I? 

Going into this I thought that cutting all grains out completely would be most challenging. Surprisingly I don't even crave or miss bread at all, it's dairy that I'm dying for. I love me some cheese! Also I can pretty much only drink water which does get boring but at least I'm constantly hydrated. I'm not a huge coffee drinker but I've been missing my small cup of coffee every now and then. Technically black coffee is whole 30 approved, but if it doesn't have creamer in it I don't want.
Grocery shopping has been a huge eye opener while on this challenge. I basically am restricted to only the perimeters of the store (produce and meat). I've also found that being on this diet isn't horribly expensive but it isn't cheap either and I seem to be taking many more frequent trips to the store. Right now my staple veggies are carrots, asparagus, squash, mushrooms and broccoli. As far as meet I've been eating a ton of salmon and chicken. Bacon is approved (thank god) so I have a couple slices with breakfast every now and then as a treat. For dessert I've been having fruit, mainly pears, apples, mango. It's crazy to see how my palette has started to change, after cutting out sugar, mangos almost taste too sweet to me! 

The best part of it all is how proud Paul is of me. I've done diets, fasts, challenges in the past and never stuck by them. The other day he told me how proud he was of me so being so committed to this. That right there keeps me going! 3 weeks to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment