Wednesday, January 2, 2013

fakin' bakin'

There's nothing like preparing for vacation, am I right? Grabbing a couple new fun tops, new tanning lotions, a bikini perhaps? Making sure that you are fully prepared for lounging by the pool with a drink in hand, it's hard work. Since we will be cruising, I've also been on the lookout for a dress for formal night :) I can't wait! In the next 10 days I will also be preparing my tan for the caribbean rays. Now this is totally embarrassing for me since I am not the tanning salon type & Paul hates anything fake, including "fake baking" but today I made the decision to get a 2 week tanning package & just go for it. I'm honestly feeling a little pressure since the last time Paul & I vacationed somewhere tropical we were on our honeymoon. Listen now, my bod isn't exactly as perfectly toned or tan as it was back then. I've still been diligently working on the toned part, so tanning was my next venture. Trust me, I'm getting tons of laughs & judgement from my friends (cue head lowering in shame). And as if my ego wasn't smothered enough; before I went in for my first fake bake, the teenager behind the counter took one look at me and said, "let's start off with just 4 minutes today ok?" It's January child, give a girl a break!

8 comments:

  1. haaha! This post is awesome!
    So I did the same on our cruise a while back. (I know, why would a hispanic girl with tan skin get a tan?!) well i felt the same as you, not super toned and that extra glow was pretty amazing! But, Let me tell you, you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Majority of the crowd will be floppy 55+ year olds lounging around in thongs and speedos! lol So you work what you got and I bet you'll be the cutest one there! ;) Can't wait to hear about the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whew!! Ok I'm feeling better already, haha thank you Susie

      Delete
  2. 10 days!! I'm so jealous!!


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. jealous! can't wait to see the fabulous photos. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are going to have so much fun! i cannot wait to see all the pics! oh and seriously...my white-ness is so severe that i also usually have to start at 4 min and takes me like 2 months to get to a somewhat decent shade of slightly darker beige. I've turned to getting spray tanned instead, its instant satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha to be totally honest, there are few thinks better than relaxing in a tanning bed with the heat. Can't wait for you to go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete