Friday, June 8, 2012

housewife. or not.

Paul and I have been lucky enough to work together from our home for a year and a half now. It has many pros, planning your own schedule, waking up at 10am if you want, baking at random times of the day, watching tv while working, planned naps, it's pretty cool, 90% of the time. The other 10% counts for the cons, one of the biggest cons (which I have talked about before) is that I spend most of my day in sweats, my hair on the top of my head, and usually I don't see the shower till around 1pm. Honestly, I have no shame in it at all but I can't help but feel horrible that Paul has to live with me in this slob state of mine each day. Until today...

I woke up around 8:45am, Paul was still dead asleep and I made my way to the bathroom. I showered, blow dried my hair and placed it in hot rollers, applied makeup (what's that?). Things were getting serious. Around 9:45am Paul had gotten out of bed and walked into the bathroom at the moment of me applying mascara with a full set of rollers. If there was a picture in the dictionary of what confusion was Paul's face at that moment would be it.

Paul - "What are you doing?"
Kelley - "Just getting ready for the day."
Paul - "Why?"
Kelley - "Because I wanted to look cute."
Paul - "Well stop because it's creeping me out."

And that was that. He walked out of the bathroom. At first I was a little bitter. "This guy? Who is this guy? I'm just trying to look cute for him, psshh." Then I realized how great he is. He loves me bun, sweats and all. What a guy. Well..I can't say I didn't try, but knowing that Paul isn't looking for a glammed up Barbie Doll as a wife is a-okay with me!

Photo of today's hard work. Those curls weren't easy!


  1. I hear ya! My life is all preschool drop offs, park playdates, swim lessons! It's hardly looking glamorous in heels and make up! It's braids, jeans t's and flip flops! I know what you mean about just wanting to look cute some days!