Saturday, May 19, 2012

10k in training.

People warn you about gaining the freshman 15 when you head away for college, and they tell you about the weight you'll gain in the first years of marriage. Well luckily I was active enough to breeze past the freshman 15, but sadly I can't say the same for maintaing my weight post-wedding. We are coming up on our 2 year anny and I have suddenly becoming committed to shedding the extra lbs. I don't have a specific number in mind, honestly Paul and I don't even own a scale.. I'm more inspired to tone up what was once toned. Me and the treadmill have become re-aquainted, weights are new in my life, and our ab wheel has come out of hiding. 

Here's a wedding/post-wedding image



So I've decided to begin training for a 10k, I'm comfortable running a couple miles right now and plan to slowly build on those in the weeks to come :) I might begin blogging my workouts from time to time just to keep my motivation up and also to keep me accountable. I'm a big time slacker. Wish me luck!

Today's workout -
Cario::
2 miles on the treadmill

Arm pyramid::
- 10 pushups
- 20 dips
- 40 second plank
- 30 bicep curls
-40 second plank
- 20 dips
- 10 pushups 

No comments:

Post a Comment