Friday, March 30, 2012

Work week.

Tonight is the beginning of our work week. Formatting cards, re-charging batteries, cleaning lenses, and triple checking the timeline of events. We'll go to bed and I'll pray for tomorrow, pray for the couple, pray for the other vendors, pray for peace of mind, and for me and Paul. Tomorrow our alarm will go off at 5:35am to Phil Wickham (because I'm sure those 5 extra minutes will count) and off to work we go. We will most likely stop for some Starbucks as we wake up during the drive there, and go over the timeline for a 5th time to make sure it's memorized. Once we arrive, for the next 9 hours we are in the zone. Shooting, communicating, and storytelling. Our job can be difficult in a sense that we must be both physically and mentally "on" throughout the day, but I don't love it any less. At some point Paul and I will argue about something, about lighting, shot composition, or audio. 5-10 minutes of the silent treatment will happen or one of us will nail a shot and then we will get over it. And in all honesty, I don't mind fighting for those 5-10 minutes because it reminds me how much we care about what we do, and I won't ever love it any less.



Above is a highlight of last weekends wedding. :) enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment