Friday, May 6, 2011

My last day of school.

I cannot even begin to explain how much I have looked forward to this day, the last day of school ever. You know in grade school you have your last day of school which is usually filled with year book signings as you promise people that you will hang out with him then in it never happens. Instead of pretending people should just write, "well, see you in September!" Let's be real. Well, this last day of school was actually bittersweet. I remember thinking back when I was in middle school and high school, "I wonder what it will be like when I don't have school anymore?" I mean, it does consume roughly 16 years of your life, who doesn't wonder that?

I woke up and went to my computer, checked the usual sites (my 4 email accounts..don't judge, twitter..again don't judge, and Facebook). I blame my professors for making my last week of school completely anticlimactic (not really, I secretly love that I only had 1 final). Basically the only thing that was holding me back from graduation at this point was 1 powerpoint slide to complete/upload and pressing Control-P to print off my senior project, a full length screenplay. Boom, done. I could have been done early this week, probably even last week if I REALLY wanted to. But to be honest, I think I put it off for so long because I kind of wanted to hold on to the idea of being a student, I couldn't give it up.

Unlike my husband, I love school. I love learning, always have. Since grad school is not particularly on my life agenda at the moment (who knows..) my life as a student has pretty much reached the end. To be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Tomorrow is graduation practice and on Saturday @ 9:30am I will officially be a college grad. Life is so funny, and so fast. I can still remember my first day of high school getting picked up from my friend's mom and riding to school with my closest friends as we braved the high school world. Now, things are different as I leave the safety net of Vanguard and move on to another chapter of life.

Sorry for all the mush lol I'm probably going to cry at graduation. I'm such a baby these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment