Saturday, May 7, 2011

First 5 hours as a college grad.

So we came, we walked, we conquered. The class of 2011 made it!!! Special shout out to all my fellow COMM majors who feared that Tom Carmody would never allow us to make it to this day, I'm so proud of you all! It was such a special thing to cheer you all on as you strutted (not walked) across that stage. We COMM majors strut because we wrote a 50 page paper and passed Media Crit! Holla!







For some reason I felt the need to be super productive after graduation. Yes, I was 4 hours fresh and ready to concur the world! So this was my agenda..

1. Meet family at The Cheesecake Factory and begin by stuffing my face with endless amounts of "brown bread" (you know what I'm talking about!) and white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake. Wow that's a mouthful, and it was. I was just about to make an innappriate joke, but realized i'm a college grad now so I should keep it classy (We'll see how long that lasts). 

2. Drive home rocking out to Rihanna's "Rude Boy" ...I'm off to a good start.

3. Go into Cheesecake food coma, which then resulted in a nap.

4. Woke up, wrote some thank you cards.

5. Uploaded graduation pictures onto Facebook, an obvious priority!

My first 5 hours as a college grad has been aw-some!

Ok, enough with the jokes. On a more serious note..I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family who always show me endless amount of love and support :) The best moment of the day was Paul finding me after the ceremony, giving me a huge hug, and saying "I'm proud of you." For those of you who know my husband, he is not a very serious guy. I would say about 80% of the things that come out of his mouth are jokes so to hear him genuinely say those 4 words to me was a big deal!

Another highlight of the day was receiving this hand written note from Paul's family. I think that we all can take a little bit of advice from these words, it said:

"Dear Kelley (college graduate),

We are so proud of you! You have set a big goal and achieved it. Your commitment, handwork, and perseverance have paid off. God has great plans for you and your future. Keep walking with Him and He will guide your steps. God will bless you and Paul as you live for Him.

The Gilster family is so fortunate to have you as our daughter and sister! We love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment