Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life as we know it.

Yes it's a movie title, but it is also very fitting for this blog post. By the way, thanks to those of you who are keeping in touch and checking out our blog daily, weekly, sporadically, especially during the facebook cleanse (which is continuing to be fantastic, I don't know if i'll ever go back..) it means a lot and we are always glad to see comments from friends :)

Just tonight after getting home from an evening of babysitting Paul and I headed to Albertsons because Paul HAD to have corned beef and cabbage to celebrate St. Patricks day tomorrow. It has been a tradition in his family that his mom makes it every year (he may or may not have pleaded for her to send some up to us). So we decided we would continue the tradition with our little family. We got the ingredients and baking instructions and headed down to the grocery store. While we were on our way, I casually said to Paul, "oh did you see that we got a new inquiry?"
Paul: "no, when is the date?"
Me: "Sept 3rd, we're booked."

And that was the end of the conversation. Totally normal, totally casual. And as I was writing up a response email to the bride to be I stopped for a moment and thought, "wow this has become so normal in our lives now." Our life has changed so much in the past 7 months when we first began 618 and this March will mark 9 months of marriage, even that has become very normal. Living together, being together all the time, running a business, responding to client emails daily..it's so strange to me that even less than a year ago I knew hardly anything about the wedding industry, how to run a business, what it means to be a wife and now it's just the same 'ol same 'ol. It really blows my mind. All I can say is God is good and while I may not have known this time last year what my life would look like in March of 2011, He did. and knowing that gives me complete peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment