Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cleanse Overview.

It's a long one but I make it interesting, I promise!

So in a nutshell, I failed my cleanse. And when I say failed, I mean big time. I lasted about 6 hours until I was over it. But in all honesty I don't know if this cleanse was made for individuals who are on a consistent workout plan as well (look at me trying to justify my failure).

My morning started off strong, I felt so ready to kick this cleanse in the butt. Breakfast called for a light smoothie so I grabbed my lightly used blender and started adding what the recipe called for…
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup berries (I used a frozen mixture)
  • 1 tsp PB
  • 1 cup of ice
Blended that bad boy up still stoked on the start of this cleanse..That was until I poured myself a glass, took a sip which followed by a pathetic gag…yes I gagged. It was sooo gross! I much rather would have liked to eat those separately. I just couldn't take it and since it was already 10:30am I decided, "eh..I better move onto my late morning snack" Which wasn't that bad. I made some green tea which was delicious and chomped on a cup of sliced cucumbers (I may have added a pinch of salt). 

A couple hours later I started on lunch..cooked myself a nice plain chicken breast (4oz) and steamed some broccoli. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. Then headed off to school with Paul to get my daily workout in. At the gym my legs felt like a ton of bricks and my arms felt like rubber, I was SO TIRED! I had on energy whatsoever and after 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of light weight lifting/stretching, I didn't know how I was going to make it thru a whole hour of yoga. It was painful, but I did it! Paul picked me up from the gym and I probably looked like hell, so wiped out. I asked him if we would judge me if I quit my cleanse (which he thought was silly in the first place), he just laughed at me and said, "let's get you some real food."

Benefits of my 6 hour cleanse:
  • I've gained a new outlook on snacking!
I don't need to go straight for the cheezits or chips, one thing about this cleanse is that I never felt hungry, even though I was eating small portions, they filled me up instead of empty calories that come from my usual crap snacks. 
  • I can cut back on carbs and life still goes on.
I just love me some carbs, but it's actually so easy to go without them. That night for dinner Paul felt like grilling some burgers, I said nay to the bun and went for just a patty with cheese and grilled onions/mushrooms on top. So proud of myself!

Another benefit of cutting the cleanse early, getting to double date at The Boiling Crab! A new restaurant just across the street from us, you get bibs and no plates/utensils..my kind of eatin' 

I'd love to hear of any cleanse experience you've had. Did you feel tired at all? How did it benefit your outlook on healthy eating? Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, sorry to hear that it didn't work out. But honestly, I probably would've done the same thing!

    And hey, as long as you learned some valuable tools, like your new snack ideas, then it wasn't a total mess!!

    ReplyDelete