Thursday, March 15, 2012

3 for 3 and living for today.

.Personal Post.

Today was a good day. I joyfully forced myself to sleep in till 10, enjoyed some morning coffee, cleaned our home (which has become suddenly therapeutic), ran some errands, made dinner and caught up on work.. and although we have an extra hour of daylight, this week has flown by.

While working tonight, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly grateful that we are 3 for 3 of absolutely wonderful couples this year. Almost 2 years into this industry and I'm beginning to realize how much a wonderful client changes the outlook of your business, and on the contrary, how a difficult one can do the same. Luckily out of 29 weddings last year, we can only count on one hand how many bridezilla's and/or groomzillas (they are out there, trust me!) we booked. As we finished off 2011 and began booking for 2012, we decided to carefully handpick who our 25 clients of the year would be and I smile to think that we are currently 3 for 3 of couples who make us love our job. Can I get an amen?!

Also while working tonight, I realized (and Paul tells me time and time again) that I need to live for today.  Often I feel as though I'm living a year in the future, booking clients, planning out our schedule, etc. Our 2012 began in the summer of 2011 and we're already receiving emails for 2013. Although I can't express how incredibly blessed I feel, at the same time I'm thinking.. "2012, you just arrived!"It is a bittersweet aspect of our business and one I am still learning about. 

a small reminder for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment