Thursday, November 10, 2011

bad days happen.

Back when we first started 618 I honestly never thought that there would be a day that I didn't enjoy my job..and literally for the first 8 or 9 months there wasn't, honestly I was in love with my job. ...Then our first "summer" happened and I slowly began to fall into the world of bitter.

I remember thinking, "What's wrong here? We started our own company, I'm my own boss, if I don't want to get out of bed before 11am I don't have to, I make my own hours..I shouldn't dislike my job ever." I literally began to feel like a failure. I didn't even know why. One day I was venting to my mom about a current work situation at the time and she totally called me out, "you sound a little bitter." As much as a girl doesn't like to admit it, mama's always right, and she was. I was beginning to get bitter. Too many weddings. I don't regret a single one, but 12 in 2 months was too much. I.was.burnt.out.

Looking back, (I say looking back but I'm still struggling with it now) I think it was the mentality that I always have to be 100% in love with what I do and the pressure that came with that mentality made me bitter. I shouldn't feel guilty about having a bad work day. I shouldn't feel guilty that i'm beyond stoked that this weekend is our last wedding for 2011. I shouldn't feel guilty that I'm relieved I don't have to see anyone get married for 10 weeks (Hallelujah!) My brain needs a little break. I need days of vegging out while watch the real housewives of orange county and weeks of never having to opening up Final cut pro. Breaks are goooood, breaks are healthy and I'm so much more at peace knowing that I no longer have the expectations of loving my job each and every day. Bad.days.happen. Has anyone else struggled with this? I know it's kind of a weird topic but I'd love to hear your stories and experiences! 

No comments:

Post a Comment