Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Liar, Liar.

Today was a huge letdown as the car hunting continues...Since we have memorized practically every car on autotrader I resorted to searching on craigslist (which I really dislike) to see if I could find anything special. I came across a craigslist add for a white 2006 Ford Explorer, only 43k miles and apparently in GREAT condition. The price was too good to be true, (4k less than the kelley blue book value). So Paul jumped on it and called he guy, the car was still available so we made an appointment for tomorrow at  8:30am to go see it. We were both super excited, but skeptical at the same time because like I said, it was too good to be true.  The guy seemed super honest, and stated he had been the only owner of this car.

I had Paul call the guy again and ask if it was possibly a salvage title (no good!!). The guy responded that it was not, "I just need to sell the car quickly because my wife wants a Nissan Murano." However, I still couldn't believe it so I had Paul get the VIN # for the car so we could run the CARFAX of the vehicle.

CARFAX knows all! The truth finally came through, this guy was a dirty liar!!! The car had another owner prior to this dude. The last owner had the car for almost 5 years and sold the car at an auction in Nevada just a month before with an estimated mileage of 272,000 miles!! Gahhh it makes me so angry that some people have ZERO integrity.  This guy had set back the mileage on the car to 41k. It also stated the CARFAX history that when he tried to get the car smogged, it failed twice before he took it to another location where they passed it. Why do people have to be so dishonest? For some reason this really bothered me because I'm still a little frustrated over the whole thing. Needless to say, Paul texted the guy saying that we ran a CARFAX report on the car and it was not as he described it. The guy responded back, "k".

No comments:

Post a Comment