Sunday, March 6, 2011

Isaiah 25:1

On Sunday's like these when we either have a wedding or love story and can't make it to church. I still make sure I set aside time to spend with the Lord. While reading, I came across this verse that made me smile, it says:

"LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago."  - Isaiah 25:1 

I love this verse because it not only speaks of the value and importance of exalting the Lord in all we do, but it also gives me peace where it says, "for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago." There are numerous times in my life where I feel that things are just not going the way I planned them.  Things like, "God why did we not book that wedding, don't know you we really needed that?"or "God, why are you continuing to let this person stumble in their walk with you?" When I begin feeling like this, I quickly have to remind myself, hold up, I just said the way I planned them. It is just moments like this when I come across a verse like Isaiah 25:1 that allows me to find peace in knowing the Lord has this all figured out, there's no need to worry. And His plan it's 10,000x better than the plan I have in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment